Today is June 2, 2015. In less than two weeks, our new college graduate will fly off for training for his new business venture and our youngest will fly off to Italy for a three-month adventure. This will be the first period of time where we will experience our home as a true "empty nest".
Honestly, we're kind of looking forward to it and I've been planning a bunch of stuff that I'm calling Project Me.
- Cleaning out closets and decluttering ... EVERYTHING. After all, Ben's stuff will be "outtahere" and that makes room for more organization.
- My full garden plan won't be realized this year, but there's lots I can do to make our yard more inviting. This last weekend, I pulled out old plants, moved some around to other locations, and planted fresh annuals. I even got a cute little bench. Photos later!
- I have lots of unfinished projects like a half-sewn quilt top. Oh? You too?! Those are on the list!
- Paint my bedroom. I've had three large painted areas on my wall for a super long time while I decided what color to paint. It needs to be done!
- Oooh ... maybe a couple of weekend trips?
- Or at least day trips?
Be Well: I've been learning a lot more this year about Hashimoto's disease and feel like I finally have a grasp on what works for my body in terms of food and exercise.
- whole foods | local, organic, delicious
- Barre 3 | Thanks to my Emily for telling me about it! I joined Barre 3 online last year and I've just joined the Barre 3 Challenge that runs June 1-28. Why don't you join me, too? The online subscription is perfect for me because I can control what time I do the workout and no one cares what my "gym clothes" look like!
- Jessica Sprague's new site is up and ready to blast off with new classes. I'm continuing on as Mentor on the site as well as a Design Team member and I'm sure it will keep me busy!
- Keeping up with Baking Chez Moi. I've struggled with continuing this because it truly is all desserts and I don't eat them. Well, let's be honest ... I do taste. However, I love baking, I love sharing what I bake, and I really love Dorie's recipes! So I continue.
- I'm working on something else to do with food ... more details later!
- Photos! Digitizing Dad's slides, my own family's photos, and making new photos is all on the list!
- Teaching piano ... with the most students I've ever had!
Wow. Project Me is shaping up to be a full summer and I hope by the end of it that my home, health, and creative pursuits will also be in shape!